Sunday, December 13, 2009

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

sdhc cards need new readers

Posted: 13 Dec 2009 10:47 PM PST

I recently got myself a new 8Gb micro SD card (for my HTC smartphone).

It all worked well, except I had some problems copying data from my older 2Gb.

As soon as I put the 8Gb card in my PC card reader, The PC seemed to freeze for about a minute, and I couldn’t read the cards content.

After some searching around, I found that most older card readers cannot read SD HC (High Capacity) cards.

If you buy an SD or micro-SD card thats 4Gb or bigger, then its probably an SDHC card.

The best solution is: buy a USB multi-card reader that supports SDHC. It only cost me AU$15, so I’m sure most people can get one for under $50.

Related posts:

  1. video card failure (there are different types of AGP cards / sockets)
  2. How reliable are internal laptop WiFi cards?
  3. problems with two network cards

0 comments: