Monday, December 7, 2009

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

Review of the tab kit add-on for firefox

Posted: 07 Dec 2009 10:56 PM PST

The tab kit add-on for firefox has many features that allow you to customise the way that tabs look and behave.

tabkit

Here is how I have setup the various options (tools -> addons -> extensions -> tab kit -> options)

tabkit1

The most obvious change I make is to have the tab bar along the top, and to show up to 4 rows at once (useful while using entrecard).

tabkit2

In this section, I like to have a minimum tab width of 80 pixels, tick all the appearance options.

tabkit3

Here, I disable all mouse gestures, and I like having scrollbars instead of arrows.

tabkit4

In this option window, I make sure I automatically group new tabs, but I don’t like collapsing inactive groups. I also like having ungrouped tabs to the right of the current tab.

tabkit5

And I tick all the options under open tabs by default.

Related posts:

  1. Firefox: a (not so) quick evaluation
  2. Top Firefox add-ons
  3. firefox 3 doesn’t do multi core CPUs

0 comments: