Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

More fun with a HP M3027 CB416A printer scanner

Posted: 03 Feb 2010 10:12 PM PST

This unusual printer has caused me some more problems recently.

In this case, the customer has only 1 laptop linked to this printer.

The laptop failed (under warranty), and was replaced with a different model.

Customer manages to install the HP scanner software on the new laptop, but cannot make use of the existing profiles on the scanner (I had previously setup 2 profiles called “colour” and “Black White”).

Since the printer does a lot of its work from its front panel, I decide to navigate around, and delete (or maybe rename) some profiles, to suit the new situation.

Except I can’t.

Scan profiles cannot be deleted or renamed from the scanner.

I then try the PC software, but it also won’t let me rename the existing profiles.

By this stage, I’m also on the phone to HP tech support.

And I’m shocked by what I’m told: you cannot rename or modify profiles: you must delete profiles, and then re-create them.

How quaint -)

So, I manually write down the parameters in the colour and “black white” profiles, so that I can re-create them on the new laptop… Grrr

Related posts:

  1. HP M3027 CB416A: is it worth it?
  2. Samsung SCX-4216 scanner will not scan (-312601.75)
  3. epson 3490 scanner (escndv.exe problem and maybe an amd athlon issue)

0 comments: