Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome To Devils Workshop!!!

Welcome To Devils Workshop!!!


Check if your content is repetitive with online tool

Posted: 04 Jan 2010 05:30 AM PST


Getting excited about something new is very good but sometimes that excitement translates into enthusiasm and at other times it leads to recklessness. This is especially very true for a blogger, as sometimes when I get excited about something new to share I get lost in the excitement and end up writing a post. After a few days I realize I could have added a few more points, maybe covered more things.Sometimes I am unhappy that because of my excitement I have written some words in a repetitive way.

The repetitive words are fillers and often can take away from the quality of your post. I came across an website which counts the repetitive words I might have used. Did you notice how many times I have used ‘repetitive’ in this post until now? :-)

repeated_word

About Word Counter

  • So you can see that I repeated the word ‘repetitive’ 4 times. Ideally I should have not repeated this word more than 2 or a maximum of 3 times.
  • What I did was copy-paste the top part of this post into this website called Word Counter. It checked the repeated words and gave me a list.
  • The website allows you to omit words like ‘if’, ‘to’ which obviously will be repeated often

Hope you find this website useful, I certainly will be using it for a quick check on every post I write on DW. ;-) Improvement is a continuous process anyways. Let me know what you think about this online tool and if you think it will help you write better articles, posts or even reports.


Related posts:

Google celebrates Sir Isaac Newton’s Birthday; the new Google Doodle!!

Posted: 04 Jan 2010 03:45 AM PST


Today when I logged in to the Google’s homepage, I noticed the logo with 5 apples and after a few seconds, I felt like some action when one of the apples dropped :)

I was amazed to see this and refreshed the page again to see it again. I was very curious why the apple dropped. Others find it funny, while others are thinking deeply what's the reason behind the apple drop.

First, I thought that the animated dropping apple is because of Google's rivalry with Apple while some must not have cared about it.

So, why did the Apple drop? I found the answer once I placed my mouse on the Google Apple Doodle for the day :)

After clicking on the doodle, I realized that today is Isaac Newton's birthday! Isaac Newton got famous because he invented the concept of Gravity when an Apple dropped over his head (what we read in our Class 7 books ) That's it! That's why the apple is dropping today on the Google's homepage!

The Issac Newton Google doodle for today is simply amazing. If you have not been on Google’s homepage today, then it’s time to do it

So, go to the Google’s homepage of you have not seen the Apple dropping there already :)

Happy Birthday Sir Isaac Newton :)


[Editor's Note: This post is submitted by our guest blogger Amandeep Singh. He writes about finance and investment at EquiTipz

If you, too would like to write for Devils Workshop, please check this. Details about our revenue sharing programs are here.]


Related posts:

YouTube has got an interface

Posted: 03 Jan 2010 05:37 PM PST


For mainstream, YouTube is the most favorite video sharing website online. And It became popular very soon for its ease of use, availability of videos, interface… But Is it the only interface we can use? No, there's another interesting thing to try out here..

Simply.. Go to Warp Speed’s Youtube Landing page and then click on any video thumbnails.. You will go full-screen and all video links turned out into floating balls, with dark background. Now, Isn't it another good interface?

youtube_warp

Hover your mouse pointer over any circle and YouTube’s 'related videos' feature will show you other videos in a new funky way, putting the first one in centre. Clicking on any circle will play the video in new way.

You can see that similar videos are color coded, the circles around them should have same colors.  If you watched a video then the color tag of the circle will be placed at top-left corner of window as a dot.

If your are continuing watching videos one after one then you can see all videos you have seen connected by lines, isn't it amazing??


[Editor's Note: This is a post written by our Guest Blogger Umesh Mahato. He is a student from Jamshedpur and passionate about opensource.

If you too like to write for Devils Workshop, please check this. Details about our revenue sharing programsare here.]


Related posts:

0 comments: