Saturday, January 30, 2010

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

Brother CC3 defaults to outlook express for scan to email

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 10:47 PM PST

Another mildly annoying problem with a Brother MFC-665CW and CC3 (Control Center 3).

This time, I had just installed CC3, then patched it with the latest release.

Everything seemed OK until I tried the scan to email feature.

It tried to start Outlook Express (while Microsoft Outlook was the main email application).

I quickly found that OE was the default windows email application, so I made Microsoft outlook the default email app…

But CC3 continued to try opening OE.

I figured: maybe CC3 took OE as the default printer when it was installed, so if I re-install CC3, then it will take MS Outlook as the default printer.

So I uninstall CC3, then re-install it (and re-patch it), but it still keeps opening OE!

OK, google is my friend, so a quick search later, I find the solution:

I open CC3 and go to Configuration ->Scan->Email.

I then configure the software and device buttons to use Microsoft Outlook as the default mail for scan to email.

At this point, the obvious question is: why doesn’t Brothers CC3 use windows default email program, and save users all the headache?

Related posts:

  1. problem with outlook express sending a large/huge email
  2. Samsung SCX-4216 scanner will not scan (-312601.75)
  3. Moving address book from outlook to outlook express

0 comments: