Friday, January 15, 2010

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

no menu bar on ie7

Posted: 15 Jan 2010 10:36 PM PST

This PC had an infection… but after the infection was cleared, Internet Explorer 7 still would not work.

I eventually did an offline malware scan, to be sure of removing any sneaky infections.

Eventually, I could receive emails, and I could browse the internet with Firefox… but still no IE7.

Next, I tried: Start -> control panel -> internet options -> Advanced -> Reset internet explorer settings.

I was surprised that I still couldn’t browse the net, and also couldn’t get the menu bar to appear… I usually right-click on a blank part of another bar, and select “menu bar” on the context menu… but no context menu would appear.

I eventually made it appear by pressing the Alt key (on the keyboard), then view -> toolbars -> menu bar

After that I managed to get to the microsoft website, do an update (particularly the update to ie 8) , then everything fell into place and worked correctly!

I’ve since noticed that pressing Alt will make menu bars appear on many other applications like Miscosoft Messenger. very useful keyboard shortcut!

Related posts:

  1. internet explorer won’t show some websites
  2. no taskbar, no desktop icons, no right click
  3. repair install of XP (SP2 or SP3) without uninstalling IE7

0 comments: