Sunday, December 19, 2010

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

stop 0x000000EA nv4_disp.dll

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 10:46 PM PST

Customer has a faulty PC, she gave up on it when she took it back from a repair shop, and it immediately showed a blue screen of death (BSOD).

In disgust, she put it away in a cupboard, and purchased a new PC.

When the new PC started having some problems after a few months, she brought both PC to me for fixing.

I start the older PC, and it seems to start normally.

I then run a test to strain the video card and CPU, and within 2 minutes, I get the blue screen:

stop 0x000000EA, nv4_disp.dll, etc etc.

Well, it seems obvious: NV = NVidia = Video card fault

I remove the video card, activate the onboard Video (also NVidia!), and download the right drivers.

I then restart & run the test again… and this time it runs for over an hour without a problem.

Some video cards are just not made to last.

Related posts:

  1. stop 0X000000EA ati2dvag.dll blue screen
  2. stop 0X000000ED unmountable_boot_volume
  3. Vista Stop 0X00008086

0 comments: