Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

more problems with windows 7 and sound

Posted: 02 May 2011 04:54 AM PDT

I sold a new PC to someone… and in the first few weeks, it had many problems, which were eventually traced back to some faulty RAM.

Well, about 8 months later, I need to revisit this PC, as sound isn’t working.

I look at all the control panel settings for sound, and it looks like windows 7 is no longer detecting the sound chip…

Its possible for the sound circuitry to fail, but unlikely, particularly on a good Intel motherboard (DG41RQ).

Anyway, rather than waste too much time, I decide to just plug in a new sound card, which worked perfectly.

I’m hoping this is the last I hear of this system, as it has caused me many wasted hours tracking down various problems associated with faulty RAM

Related posts:

  1. Sound problems with Vista 64, and Intel DP45SG
  2. usb tv tuner problems (dvb-t) part 3: be careful when buying from BXXXXXXX
  3. Asus p5gc-mx no sound (and strange usb problems)

0 comments: