Monday, May 24, 2010

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

Dell Studio Hybrid won’t eject CD/DVD disk

Posted: 23 May 2010 11:57 PM PDT

I was told there was a disk “stuck” in the Dell Studio Hybrid PC.

This is one of those cute “Apple look-alike” PCs.

Its a very small PC. On the front it has a thin slot for a CD/DVD, and on the fron, starting from the top, it has a power button, a HDD activity light, then a CD eject light/button.

The CD eject button is not a “real” button, like the power button.

Instead, its a touch-sensitive panel, thats part of the front casing… no moving parts.

The strange thing is that eject light only lights up if there is a disk in the drive.

So when I look at the PC, the light is off, and pushing the empty spot where the light should be, has no effect.

If there a disk in the drive? Well, I cannot insert a disk, as its blocked by the disk already in there.

So now what do I do?

I don’t have any pliers thin enough to pull the disk out… and I’m not sure I should even try it.

So I decide to restart the PC, and see if there are any bios options that might help.

Nope, nothing… and no way to eject the disk while in BIOS either… even though the light finally illuminates while I’m looking at the BIOS settings.

So I now restart Vista… and once Vista has completed its startup, the eject panel lights up.

I press it, and the disk finally ejects.

I find out that the owner never shuts down the PC… so thats a reasonable explanation for the problem… with PC restart the solution to getting the CD to eject.

Related posts:

  1. HP A220a PC won’t start
  2. setup did not find any disk drives installed in your computer
  3. backup laptop disk … another norton goback problem

0 comments: