Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

Fatal error. Installation failed d:\i386\asms (The parameter is incorrect)

Posted: 02 Feb 2011 10:58 PM PST

This PC had a failed motherboard, so I got a new motherboard/CPU/RAM.

But when it came to performing a repair install of Winsows XP, I got the error:

Fatal error. Installation failed d:\i386\asms   The parameter is incorrect

Hmmm, I test the hard drive, but its OK.

I try a different hard drive anyway, but that also gives an error.

The wisdom of the net says the CD must be corrupt.

So I try a different CD… but I’m still getting the error.

Is it the RAM? Nope!

The only other thing I can think of is a faulty optical (CD) drive.

Sure enough, XP now installs without any hiccups.

The strange part, is that the CD drive worked well for just about anything else (it even worked after I finished with the XP install!)

Related posts:

  1. error 1935 during office 2007 installation on vista
  2. This application has failed to start because umpnpmgr.dll was not found
  3. straightforward installation… (boot order and corrupt bios settings)

0 comments: