Monday, December 12, 2011

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

EasyPeasy networking disabled

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 09:35 PM PST

I recently had a strange problem with my EasyPeasy Netbook.

It took a very long time to start (maybe the battery went flat while in hibernation).

After about a 30 minute wait for startup, I found that the networking was disabled.

Hovering the mouse over the WiFi network symbol at the top of the screen gave the message: Networking Disabled

Ok, I flick the netbook switch to turn off the wifi, and after it goes off, I switch it back on again.

As usual, the WiFi light goes from amber to blue (and the bluetooth also switches on again)… but linux still says networking disabled.

I don’t want to waste much time on this, so a quick internet search finds 2 solutions:

  • delete /var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state
  • edit /var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state (change the line “NetworkingEnabled” from false to true, save, then restart easypeasy)

I didn’t want to risk deleting a system file, so I edited the state file, and after a restart, everything was back to normal.

Related posts:

  1. HP Mini 1001TU WiFi on Ubuntu Netbook (EasyPeasy 1.6)
  2. eee 1001ha and linux (EasyPeasy 1.6) and WiFi problems
  3. Netbooks as a low cost PC

0 comments: