Thursday, July 25, 2013

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

Paypal Here: a quick evaluation

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 01:11 AM PDT

I’ve been wanting to accept credit card payments (without the big monthly fees) for many years.

Recently I contacted paypal, and asked about their Paypal Here system (I’m in Australia).

It sounded good: approx 2.9% Paypal fee on each transaction, with no ongoing fees: just perfect for me.

After Paypal activated my “here” account, I downloaded the app to my Android phone (android 4.2), and it all looked nice, and without actually entering a transaction, seemed to be just what I wanted.

However, once I took a real payment, from a real Customer, I found 2 major problems, which make me reluctant to use Paypal Here:

  • At the time of entering the Credit card details, the paypal here app tells me that I cannot continue until I activate the phones location services, and offers to take me to the settings where I can activate these services… but ALL the location services are already active! So what do I do??? I eventually decide to go OUTSIDE, so that the phone can get a GPS lock on my location, and then I’m able to complete the transaction. I can’t see any reason why this happens, and its a major problem to ask the customer to come outside with me, just so they can pay by credit card.
  • The next day, I look at my paypal account on my computer, and I see the paypal here transaction, but with no other identifying information. This is despite me spending time to enter the invoice number into the (optional) description field on the Android App.

PP_HereSo, not only to I get these awful “features” with Paypal Here, I also have to pay an extra 0.5% for the extra inconvenience.

Sorry Paypal, as far as I’m concerned, “Here” is “Gone” (at least until you can fix your app)

0 comments: