Monday, August 20, 2012

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

getting google contacts into iphone ipad

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 11:33 PM PDT

While setting up google services for a customer who owned an iphone and an ipad, I had some strange problem making google contacts synchronise with the idevices.

Since I have setup countless android devices, I assumed that setting up accounts would be similar, and would also be logical.

It wasn’t!

I thought that setting up the email account would also take care of contacts and calendar.

Here is what you see when setting up an email account on an iphone:

The obvious choice for a google account would be to pick gmail.

But the correct choice, if you also want to synchronise google contacts and google calendar, would be to pick Microsoft exchange instead!

For full instructions on how to setup your google account on an iphone or ipad, take a look at:

iphone ipad google

or: iphone about

Related posts:

  1. syncing many google calendars with iphone ipad I had a customer that had a few different email...
  2. adding pictures to google contacts I’ve recently been moving to using both Google Contacts and...
  3. syncing Google Contacts: surname last I’ve been going through my customer contact list (currently in...

0 comments: