Saturday, August 18, 2012

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

An unexpected boost in new customers

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 11:23 PM PDT

Most people running a small business in Australia will know that times are difficult.

For me, its been quieter than usual since around June 2011

However, there was a sudden boost in the number of new customers around May this year (2012), and for a few weeks, I thought: wow, this is great, maybe the small business environment is improving.

After about a month, I realised the real reason: A local computer repair and sales company had suddenly closed down.

The company (YCD) had a shop, and many local people would go there to buy computers and to have their computers fixed.

So now, I’m getting the benefit of extra customers that would have go to a competitor.

This effect could last a year or two, but eventually, I will need to change the nature of my business.

As some of you already know, I am diversifying into many different areas, and I’ll see which one works out best.

Currently, the most promising areas for me are:

- Website design and SEO (but I don’t seem to be doing well in this area, as it seems to be a very crowded market, with many experts spending big dollars.

- Selling tech gadgets like computers, laptops, PC parts, tablets, smart phones, etc. This seems more promising, but with lower margins than a purely service only business, and with the need to constantly keep up with changes, but there is also the possibility of large volumes, and large profits.

Related posts:

  1. How to bleed for your customers Yep, working on computers can be dangerous While working inside...
  2. WordPress calais pluging gives: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected I recently updated my blog to wordpress 2.5 While I...
  3. Incredimail – I don’t believe it. An 80-something year-old gentleman calls me saying he is having...

syncing many google calendars with iphone ipad

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 11:56 PM PDT

I had a customer that had a few different email accounts, as well as an iphone, ipad, and MS outlook running on a laptop.

She tried to merge everything together (emails, address book, and calendar) using icloud, but couldn’t get it to work, so I decided to sync using googles cloud services (which I have been using successfully for over 2 years!).

All 3 systems had their own little problems.

But in this case, I found it difficult to get the iphone and ipad to synchronise all the shared calendars… the Apple devices only showed the main calendar entries… but none of the other linked calendars.

I re-created the i-device accounts a few times, waited 24 hours, checked the settings, but the iphone and ipad just wouldn’t show the other shared calendars.

Until I discovered this little hint:

After the google account has been setup on the i-device, and has synced at least once…

From the iphone (or ipad), you use the built-in Safari browser to go to:

m.google.com/sync

At that point, sign in to your gmail google account, and select the iphone / ipad to which you want to sync extra calendars, then select the calendars you want to appear on your iphone.

Now when you go into the calendar and take a look at the different calendars available, you will see all the calendars that you selected previously. Now just tick the ones you want to make visible.

I wish there was an easier way to do this…

Related posts:

  1. syncing Google Contacts: surname last I’ve been going through my customer contact list (currently in...
  2. google activesync error 0X80004005 I’ve been investigating the possibilities of integrating most of my...
  3. iphone 3g no WiFi This is a follow-on to my problems with a jailbroken...

0 comments: