Friday, August 10, 2012

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

Qnap re-launch process smbd and stunnel

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 11:20 PM PDT

While setting up a QNAP NAS server, I cam across an unusual problem.

Apparently its quite common to have the server generate warnings that say:

  • Re-launch process [smbd]
  • Re-launch process [stunnel]

This happens every minute, so it makes it difficult to monitor for “real” problems.

At first, I decided to just re-install the firmware, and that got rid of the warnings until I restored the configuration backup file… then it was generating the usual of warnings again.

I didn’t want to re-enter all the settings manually, so I tried deleting and re-created the RAID system (didn’t help)

I saw a brief mention on a forum, that a bad RAID setup can cause these errors.

So I tried the following:

  • Restore to factory defaults
  • Initialise the drives (and wait until the initialisation is complete… it can take hours)
  • retore configuration backup file

That worked!

It looks like I might have done some important configuration changes while the drives were initialising… I guess patience is the key in this case!

Related posts:

  1. nero 6 cannot handle many files (not enough quota is available to process this command) Had an unusual situation, where I was using nero to...
  2. samsung sp1654n sp1203n hard drives don’t work upside down Customer had a motherboard failure, so I install a new...
  3. DCOM process launcher service terminated unexpectedly Customer has a PC that starts XP, but after a...

0 comments: