Saturday, July 2, 2011

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

Belkin f5d7000 WiFi card doesn’t like Windows 7

Posted: 26 Jun 2011 11:17 PM PDT

I got called about a PC that suddenly wouldn’t connect to the internet once it had Windows 7 (64 bit) installed.

Since it was a WiFi connection, I thought: it probably doesn’t have the correct drivers… it should be an easy fix.

Well, I soon found myself connecting the PC to the router via ethernet, then having to (unexpectedly) wait over 40 minutes for updates to complete… grrr

Normally, Windows 7 is really good at automatically finding drivers… but this was one of the few times it didn’t work.

The WiFi card is a Belkin f5d7000 version 3000au

So, my next step was to go through the Belkin website, and find an appropriate driver.

I eventually find the correct area but I see no Windows 7 drivers. The closest driver is a vista 32-bit driver… I try it but that doesn’t work.

Not wanting to spend any more time I eventually conclude that the f5d7000 v3000au is not compatible with W7 64-bit, and install a WiFi card from a different maker (ASUS), which works perfectly.

Since then, I have stumbled actross a website (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/102a8764-1e02-4dbc-ab79-2a46f3a04b91), where there is some mention of a solution, but nothing specific to this version of WiFi card, and W7-64bit

Mcnamara
Belkin f5d7000 version 3000au
wont work with W7

Related posts:

  1. difficulty finding sound drivers (unknowndeviceidentifier is wrong)
  2. belkin usb wireless adapter doesn’t work.
  3. Asus F7sr downgrade vista to XP

0 comments: