Friday, June 3, 2011

Nita's Random Thoughts

Nita's Random Thoughts


My Running Plan

Posted: 02 Jun 2011 11:48 AM PDT

As a college student who works part-time, getting enough exercise can be a hassle. So to prevent the dreaded "Freshman 15" I have decided to start running during my free time on the weekends. I have my plan all laid out:

On Saturday evening, I will come home, and then change into comfortable gym clothes. Next, I will fill up my water bottle, get on my running shoes, and then set my home security alarm from www.allhomesecurity.com before I head out. I have a few routes to choose from each night. I can take a two mile run in a local park, a three mile round run to a local charity store, or a quick run around the block which is probably about one mile altogether. So to start, I plan on running around the block for a couple weekends, just to get my body used to the exercise. Then I will run around the local park for a few months until I feel ready for the three mile run.

When I will be able to take on the three mile run, I am not sure, but I wish to attempt it in about four to five months. I feel my plan is reasonable, and still challenging. If all goes well, I may have to find some time to run during the week!

Thanks for the post from Shad Blake

0 comments: