Thursday, September 9, 2010

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

totalcodec.com hijacks mediaplayer

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 11:58 PM PDT

This laptop was running slow, seemed infected, and playing any media caused the totalmedia.com website to open.

I remove the totally ineffective trend, and install Microsoft security essentials. A scan with MSSE finds and removes some nasties.

But after removing the infections, I find that media files still start the totalmedia.com website.

I decide to try running fixwmp, but that didn’t fix this problem.

As a fall-back, I decide to try using a different media player.

I try Gom player, but it still doesn’t play videos, but at least it doesn’t open up the totalmedia.com website.

My next option was VLC player, and it seems to do the trick… I can watch DVDs, and play any other media file.

I’d still like to know how to get media player working correctly, but given the time constraints on this problem, this was the best I could do.

Related posts:

  1. xpsys.exe spyware hijacks to onlinestability.com avsystemcare.com udefender.com securepccleaner.com

0 comments: