Monday, June 11, 2012

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

Windows 7 error 0x8007045D

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 11:02 PM PDT

Got a laptop with a failing hard drive (Windows Vista).

Customer had no recovery disk… so she gave the go ahead to replace the HDD and to install Windows 7 Home Premium.

So I installed a new Seagate 320 GB HDD, and went through the usual procedure to install Windows 7

However, partway through the installation, I got an error message (0x8007045D)

A quick check on the internet doesn’t give any meaningful answers, so I try installing W7 again.

Now the logical amongst you will say: if you got an error the first time, youre gonna git it again!

But I know computers can be mysterious and temperamental.

Sure enough, the second time, Windows installs without a single problem.

I also do a full suite of updates, install an antivirus, and run the windows experience index test, all without a single problem.

Sometimes its worth trying again.

Related posts:

  1. windows 98 update error 0X80072F89 (or 0X800C0005) An elderly customer asked me to look into a problem...
  2. Windows defender error 0X80070422 I put windows defender on one of my office PCs,...
  3. Blank Windows 7 Libraries This is a PC running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. But...

0 comments: