Sunday, November 13, 2011

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

repair install of xp: Windows cannot load the users profile

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 10:30 PM PST

Another repair install of XP (due to a motherboard failure)

But once windows starts, I get:

Windows cannot load the users profile.
Windows logged you in with the default profile.

And after I’m logged in, I get a few error messages like:

Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

I can already guess that this is a file permission problem with the original user account.

So I restart in safe mode, see that the permissions and owner settings don’t look right. So I change them, and apply the change to the whole c:\Programs and Settings\user folder structure

But after restating in normal mode, things are not quite right… so as the normal user, I start windows explorer, go to c:\Programs and Settings\user, then go to properties, and change ownership of the whole folder structure (again).

After that, I’m still getting errors.

So I figure a restart is worth trying.

Sure enough, after a restart, everything is back to normal.

Related posts:

  1. Corrupt XP user profile (which mysteriously dissapears)
  2. Xp repair install problems. Copy error
  3. xp repair install, light blue screen, and only mouse pointer works

0 comments: