Monday, October 17, 2011

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

Vista a fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine

Posted: 16 Oct 2011 11:49 PM PDT

While trying to sysprep a Vista system, sysprep gave the following error:

A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine.

I look into the error log (found at: c:\windows\system32\sysprep\Panther\setuperr.log)

And I find there is a problem with drmv2clt.dll

It seems most suggestion involve killing the wmpnetwk process/service using task manager.

So I try the same, and I also kill off anything else I don’t think is needed (eg any network processes, as a sysprep doesn’t neet networking).

Being new to sysprep, I’m finding a few annoying quirks in the process.

Related posts:

  1. Android task killers & task managers: useless
  2. Fatal error. Installation failed d:\i386\asms (The parameter is incorrect)
  3. VISTA trustedinstaller.exe uses 100% cpu

0 comments: