Monday, April 18, 2011

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

iphone 3g no WiFi

Posted: 17 Apr 2011 11:58 PM PDT

This is a follow-on to my problems with a jailbroken iphone.

So, I now have a jailbroken iphone 3G, that has been unlocked using ultrasn0w, and my Baseband had to be upgraded to V6.15.

So, I still have no WiFi (and no GPS), but bluetooth works perfectly… and I’m not sure if the WiFi chip is faulty, or is the jailbreaking caused a problem.

Some searching on the net finds others that have a problem with the WiFi being greyed out… but mine is not like that… it seems to work and I can switch it off and on from the settings… it just doesn’t detect any networks (even if I’m an inch away from my WiFi router).

So, what I try next is:

  • So my next step is to try to reset network settings (it doesn’t work).
  • Fuzzyband app (this is supposed to allow you to downgrade your “baseband” (ie the phones GSM operating system?), so that it can be unlocked… but it doesn’t like my phone and refuses to downgrade.
  • Next I dismantle the phone and take a look inside… This is surprisingly easy, as I just need to remove 2 screws at the bottom, then use a suction cup to pull the screen away from the phone itself. I notice a loose screw near the volume-up switch, which I put back into its place. I hope it hasn’t shorted out something important.

In the end, I give up and I’ll just have to wait for the iphone hacking community to find a way of downgrading the iphone baseband, so that I can try get the GPS and WiFi working again…

 

Related posts:

  1. Remove iphone felt font for notes app

0 comments: