Friday, October 23, 2009

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

email: how to set the default browser

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 11:53 PM PDT

I just had a situation, where I had changed my default browser (from Maxthon to Opera), and then found clicking on web links within an email would result in Maxthon displaying the web page.

I tried a PC restart, changing file type associations… but nothing would work.

I eventually found an interesting utility called DefaultBrowser, which fixed the problem quickly and easily.

I can’t be sure if its a problem with Opera, Thunderbird (email), or Maxthon… but it seems that changing your default browser isn’t as simple as it should be.

Related posts:

  1. Setup thunderbird email to use gmail (incoming and outgoing)
  2. Opera Browser V10.0: a (not so) quick evaluation
  3. Safari Browser: a quick evaluation

0 comments: