Monday, October 22, 2012

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

the maximum file size for session readyboot has been reached windows 7

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 11:56 PM PDT

I had a PC that was behaving strangely.

I eventually looked into the Windows event viewer, and found an odd error (amongst others):

the maximum file size for session readyboot has been reached.

So a search reveals its could be safely ignored… but I’m not convinced.

Since the most accepted solution is to increase the filesize limit, I decide to try it.

In regedit, I go to:

hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\Control\WMI\Autologger\readyboot

Then change MaxFileSize from 14 (hex) to 40 (hex) (ie triple the max file size).

When I restart the PC, the readyboot error (and a few other errors… eg a WMI error) are gone.

Next: look at the other errors, and see if any can be fixed

Related posts:

  1. Event id 2017. The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the server reached the configured limit for nonpaged pool allocations A local business upgraded their main PC to Windows 7...
  2. wrong exe file association in windows 7 I recently came across a case I haven’t seen before...
  3. What You Should Know about Windows File Extensions and Issues Related to Them What You Should Know about Windows File Extensions and Issues...

0 comments: