Monday, April 23, 2012

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Melbourne Brisbane Computer Repairs, Website design & SEO

Link to Computer Help

mobile phone with built in projector

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 11:32 PM PDT

While looking at various smart phones from chinese suppliers, I stumbled across an interesting mobile phone:

A phone with a built in wall projector.

My immediate reaction was: its probably impractical

If its like a traditional projector, it would get really hot, and the battery will probably run flat within a few minutes.

However, after some research, I found that Samsung have developed (and some chinese has copied) an LED based phone projector.

I wasn’t surprised about the size of the phone (it was bound to be thicker than most phones), but I was amazed that battery life while using the projector is (apparently) 3 hours!!!

And since the projector actually uses LEDs instead of Halogen globes, then you never need to replace the projector globe.

Having viewed a few videos of this device, I have noticed a minor shortfall: the brightness of the projected image seems lower than what you would expect from a “normal” projector.

After over 25 years in technology, there is not much new technology that surprises me anymore… It all become game of slight improvements, playing copycat, and the occasional new idea, so its not often that I see a product, where I can see a huge leap in technology (and the future possibilities) such that I think: “wow!”. But I think this is a great innovation.

No related posts.

0 comments: